Friday, February 6, 2009

Been a while

Since my last post I've been, well, effectively break-even... PLO style.

Ran up to like $4.1k mostly playing Cap, then played a little regular 200PLO to finish clearing my bonus, somehow managing to run 2 BI below equity in like 80 hands.

Ended up putting money on Cake, found out Cake is rigged. Dropped 10 buy-ins instantly to some of the worst players I've ever seen. I started out trying to play on Cake like I play on FTP (Aggro) which just doesn't work when you get called down by any two pair, or by sets on 3-flush boards. A more passive, abc wait-for-good-hands strategy is necessary.

God I hate Cake.

The software's pretty ugly, it's not PT/HEM compatible, the server's slow, and I run like absolute dogshit. As soon as I'm able to withdraw my money in like 6 minutes I'll do it and head over to UB. I just can't enjoy playing on Cake.

Luckily to keep my head above water I've been crushing the games on FTP. Played the HA tables a lot, those are fun, definitely attract some fish. Today's session was interesting. I thought I played extremely nitty (played like 16/12 COMBINED in the two games over a ~700 hand sample, I have no idea how that happened) and had to get lucky to win like $150. Also ran into a disgusting hand that I'm not likely to forget soon, detailed below. Overall that session ended quite disappointing for me, and I was left feeling quite empty.

I came back a couple of hours later to see 6 Cap PLO games running, so I decided to sit... in all six. I don't know why I do this sometimes. I know that anything above 4 tables makes me play awful. I just don't have time to think and pretty much go with every hand. I mean, I ran bad since I should have won a few of the hands where I was a 2:1 underdog, but I was playing quite poorly. Ended the cap session down $500. Luckily I then made back $400 playing the 100BB tables.

PLO's version of break-even. It seems pretty absurd comparing PLO and NL graphs, there's just SO much more variance in Omaha. The 5-6 BI downswings are just blips on the radar. Then again I am the proud owner of this NL superswong:



The hand I mentioned above can be found here. Absolutely horrific spot IMO.

No comments: